What Terminology is Used?
As you get started, there are a few terms to clarify. A ‘Forum’ is the largest overarching conversation for a Community of Practice, such as Researchers Connect. Each Forum can then have a number of Categories to group related discussions. Within each Category there can be multiple Threads, which include an initial post and then subsequent posts. Pictures, files, emojis and formatting can be added to each post.
Everyone who engages with a Community of Practice is referred to as a Member. A Member will have a user account on this website. As the website grows, each user can be a member of multiple Communities of Practice.
How do I become a Member of the Researchers Connect Community of Practice?
If you were present at the Research Forum at the AMI AGM in 2018 or 2019 and gave AMI permission to share your contact details, you are automatically a member of the Researchers Connect Community of Practice.
If you were not present at the Research Forum, there are two ways to become a Member:
- By introduction from a Member of the Researchers Connect Community of Practice. You will receive an email requesting your name, details, and permission to share your contact data.
- By emailing a request to email@example.com with your name, background and interest including your permission to share your contact data.
What can I do if I forget my password?
Go to https://cop.montessori-ami.org/user/password and enter your email or username and you will receive instructions on how to reset your password.
How can I start a new Community of Practice?
Members are welcome to create a new Community of Practice on a new area of interest. Before starting a new Community of Practice, we advise that you:
- Connect with some prospective Members to understand the issues
- Discuss the setup of a new Community of Practice
- Identify potential leaders who can help moderate and support the Community of Practice
Once these first steps are taken, a website administrator will add the new Community of Practice to the website. The founding Members can then initiate a launch process and take responsibility for stewarding their knowledge.